Sunday, September 25, 2011

The holidays are coming!

In the time between my last post and now, I moved into a new apartment and started a new job. That means there is very little time for fun things like writing because I have to go furniture shopping and grocery shopping, and I keep thinking of things that I need to buy.

Now that I've settled into my new place I am hoping to be able to find more time to write. I managed a little bit of writing today. Well, I rewrote part of what I already had and I'm added some new stuff. I try very hard to not go back and rewrite but sometimes I just need to go back and redo it so that I can keep my head straight with the rest of the story. But I have made progress and added new content. My goal is to finish chapter one and move on to chapter two by the end of this week. We shall see how that goes!

In other news, I visited the countryside last week with two good friends of mine. This time of year is apple picking season and a lot of the farms in this particular area open up their orchards and berry patches for people to come and pick their own apples. Their stores are open year round and there are all sorts of really fun, quaint items in these shops. All of them have the staples: apples, mulling spices, and cider. I got a beautiful set of measuring teaspoons for my mom and am going to go back to get a gorgeous hand crocheted scarf from one of the vendors. My friends and I enjoyed a delicious, hearty lunch and we topped it off with a slice of the traditional apple pie with a huge scoop of ice cream.

My friends and I are going to go back sometime during the next few weeks, before the apple picking season is over. I want to get some fresh apple cider so that I can make spiced cider, I want some apples to make apple turnovers and pies with, and I want to go and just enjoy the fall season and the cooler weather. There's a candy shop we missed the last time we went so I'll definitely be making a point to stop there. And there is a bbq joint I want to try.

The first day of fall was Friday. It's officially the beginning of the holiday season and I have already begun lighting my scented candles and soon I will begin cooking up harvest foods and cold weather comfort foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment